Wednesday 25 June 2008

Barbershop (2002) 7/10

Starring : Ice Cube, Anthony Anderson, Cedric The Entertainer, Sean Patrick Thomas, Eve, Keith David
Director : Tim Story
Running Time : 103 mins

Calvin Palmer (Cube) decides to sell the barbershop he inherited from his father so that he can follow his ambition of opening up a recording studio, but as his last day goes on he starts to regret selling up and desperately tries to get the money back from Lester Wallace (David), the loan shark he sold the business to.

This wasn’t a bad movie, although I would have given it a higher mark if it was a stand alone movie and not part of an apparent trilogy. There isn’t any one thing I can put my finger on that kept this entertaining, but I did like how the many stories going on in the movie came together at the end so well. Keith David and Anthony Anderson are probably the highlights of the movie, but the rest of the cast were pretty good too, although Sean Patrick Thomas annoyed me (though I think he’s supposed to).

You’ll like this if you liked : Half Baked

No comments: