Wednesday 11 November 2015

Cirque Du Soleil : Worlds Away (2012) 5/10

Starring : Erica Linz, Igor Zaripov, Lutz Halbhubner, John Clarke, Dallas Barnett
Director : Andrew Adamson
Running Time : 92 mins

Mia (Linz) is a young woman visiting the circus in a small mid-Western town when she becomes enraptured with the performance of an aerial acrobat (Zaripov). When the acrobat misses a catch and falls to the ground below, Mia rushes to save him but falls with him into the bizarre dreamscape world of Cirque du Soleil where they are seprated and must work their way through the many acts to find each other again.

Personally I didn’t enjoy this, probably because I like my movies to have a plot that is decipherable and not just a series of Faustian levels in a nightmare circus tent. I suppose seeing it on the small screen meant I missed out on the theatrics and the 3D effects, but even then it would probably be better if seen live. The performances are impressive and the sets are great but I just couldn’t get into this as it felt like opera to me.

You’ll like this if you liked : MirrorMask


No comments: