Thursday 16 April 2015

What We Did On Our Holiday (2014) 9/10

Starring : Rosamund Pike, David Tennant, Billy Connolly
Director : Andy Hamilton & Guy Jenkin
Running Time : 96 mins

Separated parents of three Doug (Tennant) and Abi (Pike) travel from London to Scotland to celebrate the birthday of Doug’s father Gordie (Connolly). The kids are sworn to secrecy about their parents pending divorce, and it doesn’t take them long to figure out that they aren’t the only side of the family keeping secrets.

I didn’t know what to expect when I sat down to watch this, other than is came from a colleagues recommendation. I admit I was not disappointed. It was clear that this came from the creative minds of TVs Outnumbered, and I thoroughly enjoyed the wit that came from the children and adults alike. This is one of the better British comedies I’ve seen in recent times, and its dark side worked a treat.

You’ll like this if you liked : Death At A Funeral



No comments: